It’s important to understand what you sign, and sometimes you just need someone to look over a document to make sure that there’s nothing unexpected hidden in the fine print. Because of this, I make an inexpensive “flat fee contract review” available to my clients. The review is designed to help you make an educated decision about whether to pursue the deal and to feel confident negotiating its terms.
- $150 for contracts under 5 pages, or
- $250 for contracts over 5 pages,
- Discuss your goals and objectives and your previous dealings with any other parties to the contract;
- Review the contract;
- Makes sure the document accurately reflects the deal as you have described it to me;
- Look for inconsistencies, structural problems, and terms that are not standard in the business;
- Identify terms that might present a legal or business risk; and
- Talk about negotiating opportunities.
Each contract review also comes with up to four hours of attorney time (though most people will not use that much) so you can feel free to ask any questions you might have. I’ll also write a memorandum summarizing the major points of our discussion so you can have something to refer to later.
If you want more assistance after the review, you can hire me to revise the contract or negotiate on your behalf.